Educating consumers is an important mission of any bank, at Peoples Bank we are especially focused on providing you with the information you need to help protect your identity, your money, and your family.
Please check this page often to learn about new tips and techniques for remaining safe and for new alerts and warnings that you should be aware of. Remaining vigilant against financial and other crimes is a job we all need to take seriously!
- FDIC Account Insurance. Want to verify how much insurance you have on your accounts? The FDIC provides the following calculator to help you understand your level of protection. Click here to go to the FDIC insurance estimator.
- FDIC Consumer Alerts. Want to learn about the latest threats to your finances? Please visit FDIC’s website.
- Identity Theft Video. Identity theft continues to be one of the fastest growing crimes in the United States, and has ranked as one of the top consumer concerns for the past several years. The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) has produced a multimedia presentation to help consumers protect themselves from identity theft. The presentation provides information on steps consumers should take to secure their computer and protect themselves from identity theft, as well as actions consumers should take if they become a victim of identity theft. Financial institutions are encouraged to make the link available to their customers from their websites. This presentation is hosted by Vodium. Don’t Be an On-line Victim: How to Guard Against Internet Thieves and Electronic Scams. (FDIC YouTube Channel)
- Identity Theft Brochure from the FTC. Want to learn even more about protecting yourself from would-be scammers? Check out this brochure from the Federal Trade Commission. Take Charge: Fighting Back Against Identity Theft.
- Money Smart News. Did you know that the FDIC has a quarterly newsletter just for you? Click here to read the latest edition.
Don’t forget, in addition to the resources we’ll continue to post here, you can also find this great information, right on our own website:
- Our Dollars and $ense for Kids website educates Grade School Kids about money
- Our Money Matters for Students website is packed with lots of useful information about managing money, higher education, applying for a job, homework help, and special offers for High School and College Students.
- Finally, we have many calculators and tools depending on what answers you’re looking for: Financial Calculators.