Mobile Check Deposit is now available for consumer customers.
It has been automatically added to your Peoples Bank mobile banking app.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I download the Mobile Check Deposit App?
All you need to download is Peoples Bank’s Mobile Banking App. As of April 1, 2015, the app will automatically include mobile check deposit.
For what devices is Mobile Check Deposit available?
Peoples Bank’s Mobile Check Deposit is available on smartphones only. Current supported devices are iPhones (4+) and Androids.
How secure is Mobile Check Deposit?
Mobile Check Deposit is as secure as mobile and online banking. See our Terms & Conditions for security requirements.
Is there a limit to the deposit amount?
Deposits are limited to $5,000 per business day.
What should you do with the check once it’s been deposited?
Retain the check for 14 days after it has been deposited, then we recommend shredding the check.
What types of checks are eligible for Mobile Check Deposit?
- Personal checks
- Business checks
- Government/Treasury checks
- Official checks
- Money orders
What does it cost?
Mobile Check Deposit is free for personal consumer account holders.
Which accounts are eligible?
- Free Checking
- Now Checking
- Senior Checking
- Money Market
- Statement Savings
- Investment Savings
Do I endorse the check prior to deposit?
Yes, the check must be endorsed and you must write “For Mobile Deposit Only.”
- When prompted for the amount, carefully enter the check amount to ensure it matches the actual check amount.
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking the photo.
- Keep the check within the viewfinder on the camera screen when capturing your photos; try not to get too much of the areas surrounding the check.
- Take your check photos in a well-lit area.
- Place the check on a solid, dark background before taking the photo.
- Keep your phone flat and steady above the check.
- Hold the camera as square as possible to reduce skew.
- When capturing the image make sure:
- the entire check is visible
- there are no shadows
- all four corners are visible
- the check image is not blurry
- the MICR line (numbers on the bottom) is readable